"Over the years, I've been very pleased with the children I've received from The Mountain School. I've found the children to be well-prepared for the rigors of public education. In addition, I've been impressed with the high level of social and emotional development the children exhibit." ~ Local Kindergarten Teacher
There are distinct developmental stages in the natural unfolding of a child's personality. Our program is based on this principle and offers children carefully determined, age-appropriate experiences that help prepare them for life as well as for future academic success.
Rather than facts and figures, we provide a foundation for learning, in the form of:
- a longer attention span as children actively engage in the process of creating images through play and storytelling;
- a fuller understanding of abstract concepts as they interact with the natural world, rather than learn by rote;
- a love of learning because the knowledge gained from imagining and doing is stimulating and exciting;
- self-esteem and emotional maturity, preparing them to form healthy relationships throughout life;
- a capacity for creative thinking, the root of all true learning and problem-solving.
What is the difference between Waldorf and Montessori?